How to Lease Our Properties or Rental Application
Guidelines For Lease Application
The status of our available properties changes rapidly and we encourage you or your agent to check with our office before submitting an application. Application Fees are NON-refundable.
In an effort to expedite approval, please follow these guidelines carefully!
- FIRST, know the qualification standards and read the Information About Brokerage Services Disclosure.
- A NON-refundable application fee of $55 is required per applicant over the age of 18. The application fee must be paid with any major credit card before the application can be completed.
- BEFORE beginning the online application, you must have your driver's license (or other form of valid identification) and proof of income available. Proof of income must be from an independent, reliable source. Acceptable proof of income is 4 latest paystubs, 3 months of bank statements, or executed offer letter from employer. If you are using a computer, you will need an electronic version of these documents to attach. If you are using a mobile device you will have the option of attaching the documents by taking a picture of them. Be sure the picture is clear and legible.
- It will take 2-3 business days, from the time ALL application documents are received, to obtain final approval. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and may be automatically denied. Upon approval of your application, you will be required to pay the security deposit and a $125 lease administration fee.
- A lease agreement will be sent electronically for signature. All applicants will be given 24 hours to sign the lease agreement. We do NOT hold properties! All completed applications will be reviewed for approval (This is not a 1st come, 1st serve process). We will only take a property off the market once a lease has been signed by all applicants.
Lease Qualification Standards
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management welcome all applicants and support the precepts of equal access and "Fair Housing". RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management will not refuse access to any housing, accommodation, or other interest in property or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital or family status, physical or mental handicap, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation.
The following qualification standards will be required from every prospective resident at least 18 years of age. A lease guarantor or additional security deposit may be required for approval, if applicant does not meet minimum qualifications.
Total net monthly household income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rental rate for the property. At time of application, provide a copy of last 4 paystubs or executed employment letter. Income may be verified with employers. If self-employed, provide latest tax return and 3 months of bank statements. Proof of income must be from an independent, reliable source.
A credit report will be pulled on each applicant and the details of the credit report reviewed. High debt to income ratios, excessive delinquent payments, unsettled defaults, and/or rental related debt may result in your application being denied. Applicants with a bankruptcy in the last six (6) months or pending bankruptcy may be denied.
Applicant must have verifiable rental history for a minimum of two (2) years. Negative rental history involving evictions, damages owed, or other rental related debt may be grounds for application denial.
Criminal history will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Any applicant with a felony or misdemeanor conviction within the past 5 years involving, but not limited to, violent crimes against persons, property damage, theft, terrorism, illegal drug manufacturing or distribution, or prostitution-related offenses may be grounds for denial. Any applicant with outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial may not be accepted. Provide management with any additional information you would like reviewed regarding convictions or current arrest as part of your rental application.
Pets are considered on a case by case basis. In most cases, the pet deposit per pet is $500 and is fully refundable. Some landlords may require additional pet deposit or non-refundable pet fees.
As part of your application, you will be required to electronically sign a Notice and Authorization form ("Authorization Form") consenting to these checks. This Authorization Form will allow AmRent and Remarkable Property Management to verify the information you provide.
As part of your application, you will be required to electronically sign a Notice and Authorization form ("Authorization Form") consenting to these checks. This Authorization Form will allow Resident Research, LLC and Remarkable Property Management to verify the information you provide.
If you are an agent, click here for agent/broker information.